Last Updated: 22nd May 2018
We conform to the requirements of data protection legislation for the processing of data. This means we:
– clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
– limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
– ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
– take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
– respect your rights to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Afford A Host is the party responsible for all data processing. In this privacy statement, we will explain which personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Afford A Host offers a range of paid subscription services.
For this purpose, we use your payment details, phone number, email address, name and address details, invoice address and ip address. The law requires us to do this. We store this information until you cancel your subscription and seven years thereafter (the legal retention period).
Contact Form and Newsletter
You can use our contact form to ask us questions or make any requests.
For this purpose, we use your ip address and email address. We need this data to identify and respond to you. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
We have a newsletter to inform those interested in updates regarding our products and/or services. Each newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe from our newsletter. Active clients can also opt out via the client area on our website.
Your e-mail address is added to the list of subscribers only with your permission. We store this information until you cancel your subscription.
Handling your order
We will use your personal data when handling your order. We may at times provide information about you to third parties that we use to provide our services, such as payment processing companies, domain registrars and server providers. We will only share information about you that is necessary for the third party to provide the requested service. These companies are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using your personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
For this purpose, we use your payment details, phone number, invoice address, email address, name and address details and ip address. The law requires us to do this. We store this information until your order has been completed and seven years thereafter (the legal retention period).
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a user name and password for the account that we will set up for you.
For this purpose, we use your ip address, name and address details, email address, phone number and invoice address. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information for three months after you closed your account.
We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
If necessary, we may collect your location data (GPS). If that is the case, you will be asked to grant consent beforehand.
This location data and other data can also be stored and processed by the provider of the navigation/mapping software, such as Google Maps, but the data could also be used by, for example, Google or Apple itself. We have no control over their actions. We recommend that you read the applicable privacy statement of the provider in question.
When using our service, the following data is published so as to be visible to everyone on the Internet:
– You choose which information you publish. You could be traced with this information.
Providing Data to Third Parties
We may provide your data to our partners. These partners are involved in the execution of the agreement. These partners may be based outside the EU. However, they make use of the European model clauses. For details of partners used in the provision of particular services please contact us.
Our website features social media buttons. These buttons are used by the providers of these services to collect your personal data.
We made arrangements with other parties who place cookies through our website. Nevertheless, we cannot fully control what they are doing with their cookies, so please read their privacy statements as well.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
– Access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password
– Access to personal data requires the use of a user name and login token
– We take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored
– We make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data
– We keep logs of all requests for personal data
Inspection and Modification of your Data
You have the following rights:
– Being informed on which personal data we have and what we are using it for;
– Inspection of the personal data that we keep from you;
– Having incorrect data corrected;
– Request to delete outdated personal data;
– Revoke your consent;
– Object to certain uses.
Please note that you always make clear who you are, so that we can assure we do not modify or remove the data from the wrong person.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in your country. In the UK this is the ICO.